Planning Questions Here are seven questions to ask your company before you meet with us for space planning. Your responses will enable us to evaluate a potential space, start schematic design, or plan to renovate your existing suite:
- What changes in business strategy are we planning?
- What technology improvements will we initiate?
- How will strategic plans and technology affect our physical space?
- How do we want to work in the future? Workstations with collaborative space? Open benching type environment? Cafes and collaborative areas? Private offices?
- What functions well in our current space with our work processes? What needs improvement?
- Do we want to create a more sustainable “green” space or apply for LEED certification?
- What are key dates and schedule concerns?
- Has a budget been developed?
- A company organization chart noting which staff work remote and for what percent of their time
- Growth projections for the term of the intended occupancy
- Blueprints or CAD files of the new space
- Square footage and furniture typicals of your existing space
- Churn rate in current facility
- Space utilization estimate for new space
- Key requirements for the new space (workstations; collaboration, conference and meeting spaces; support spaces; public spaces)